Saturday, 5 October 2013

Tutorial: Storm Flaps

UPDATE from 6 June 2014: My cloud storage has now changed from Rapidshare to Dropbox.  I have adjusted the links below to Dropbox.  Any problems let me know.  Katy.

Hello all. I hope you're having a good Saturday whatever you're doing. I've taken a break from hemming a circle skirt to finish my tutorial on how I did the storm flaps on my Royal Blue Minoru jacket.

Here's a reminder of what they look like.







What are storm flaps? The best explanation I could find on-line is:

To prevent wind-driven rain from coming into the garment through button-holes or zipper teeth. If you're really out in the weather for an extending period, and are counting on the coat to keep you dry, they're somewhat important. Zippers aren't waterproof.”

Just the ticket for a winter Minoru!

As with my last tutorial the lined bellows pocket with a flap there are too many steps to insert into one blog post so it is available as a download for now. I use Dropbox for my cloud storage and you can download the tutorial here. The link takes you to Dropbox. Click the download tab. 

UPDATE on 6 June 2014: I tested the link today and it downloaded quickly for me, no more than 2 minutes.

I realise it would be better to have the tutorial available on the site. Now I have this page set up I might get around to adding all the steps to the end of this post on an ongoing basis and let you know in a separate post when it's ready. In the meantime the download will always be there!

Please let me know if you have any problems downloading it or with the tutorial.

Happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment